Wish you all A Very Happy Valentine ’s Day!
Let us celebrate this day of love, joy and happiness! Here are some ‘Valentine’ dishes to inspire you. Hope you find inspiration among this array of dishes, to cook for your Valentine!
Here are 10 facts about Valentine’s day, which I have compiled for you:
- Valentine’s day is also known as Saint Valentine’s day. It is the feast of Saint Valentinus, celebrated across the world on February 14.
- An average number of wedding proposals on this day is around 2.2 lakhs.
- On every Valentine’s day, the Italian city of Verona, wherein the main characters in Shakespeare’s place, Romeo and Juliet live, receives abround 1000 letteres addressed to Juliet.
- Men comprise of the 75% of the people who buy flowers on this day.
- The first box of chocolates, for Valentine’s day was produced in 1800s, by Richard Cadbury.
- On this day, more than 35 million heart shaped boxes of chocolate are sold.
- Around one billion Valentine day cards are exchanged on this day.
- Thus this marks the second largest seasonal card sending event in the year, after Christmas
- Venus is the god of beauty and love. And Cupid is the son of Venus.
- Around 50 million roses are presented around the world on Valentine’s day.
Finally, I am sharing the recipe for a simple flat green beans curry, known as chikkudikaya koora in Telugu or Sem ki sabji in Hindi. Moreover it is easy to cook and yet a gratifying curry.
The flavors of flat green beans, capsicum and tomato take center stage in this signature creation of my mother-in-law. And it is one side dish that adds ‘substance and heft’ to the everyday bland rice.